Myself, I am also an Official Tour Guide of The Vatican City State. What does it mean to be a Vatican Guide? I have been tested and pass further written adn oral exams. We are in number of appx. 62 out of more than 1.100 official Rome Tour Guides. Why choosing Cristiano Pellegrini? Started with our Father, Sandro Pellegrini in 1971, after hundreds of tour per year, we know how to modulate every clients' need.
At the Vatican Museums, with your private English speaking guide (either ourselves or one of our family members or, should they not be available, another licensed and pro tour guide) you will have the chance to get the benefit, enthusiasm, experience, advantage and fun of someone who knows his way since years.
How is a private Vatican tour with myself? Intimate. Fun. Entertaining. Passionate, deep insight tailored for any clients wishes and, at the same time, stimulating as we are all your party. The benefit you may have are quite consistent.
What we provide here is to have a private tour with a licensed Vatican Official Tour Guide (licensed by the Vatican City State, not only by the Province of Rome).
In quality of Vatican Official Guide, we selected 6 different Vatican Private Tours that the 90% of the visitors don't know even the existance and assume to see all the Vatican Highlights by having only a couple of hours of tours. That is not for you if you chose to have a private tour with us !
RESERVATION AT THE VATICAN MUSEUMS - YEAR 2009 - ONLY THROUGH US AND WITH A PRIVATE GUIDE - VATICAN TICKETS WITH NO QUEUES - AVAILABLE TIMES AND DATES -
From Monday through Saturday (except Vatican Holidays: see Vatican calendar 2009 Here ), it is possible to reserve the entrance according to these new times:
From 08:00 am to 04:00 pm (last entrance), every hour, everyday but Sunday and Vatican Religious Holidays.
VATICAN PRIVATE TOUR 1
BASIC - The Vatican Museums with the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica
Duration: 4 hours. For more hours, please ask me.
What we may see:
I normally include the Vatican highlights: The Pine Cone Courtyard, either The Braccio Nuovo Museum (if open) with fabulous sculptures or The Vatican Painting Gallery (Caravaggio, Raphael, Leonardo da Vinci, Titian), The Pio - Clementino Museum (best sculptures in the Vatican), The Braccio Nuovo Museum, The Candelabras Gallery, The Gallery of Tapestries, The Maps Gallery, The Raphael Rooms, the Sistine Chapel and, of course, St. Peter's Basilica with its crypt too. Here, besides many Popes' Tombs, there is the one of John Paul II.
•From 1 to 5 people: EUR 350,00 (4 hours) + entrance fees with reservation: EUR 30,00 per person
•From 6 to 10 people EUR 450,00 (4 hours) + entrance fees with reservation: EUR 25,00 per person
•11-20 people: 65,00 EUR per person (ticket with the reservation included - no lines)
•21-50 people: EUR 55,00 per person (ticket with the reservation included - no lines)
Since I am a Vatican guide and a local Operator through my own company (Rome Travels) I guarantee NO LINES at the Vatican Museum due to our booking system.
Payment: by Visa - MasterCard.
VATICAN PRIVATE TOUR 2
Museum Vatican, Vatican Gardens and St. Peter's Basilica
Duration: 6/7 hours
This is unique! With myself, being Vatican Official Guide, you may want to have a really special Vatican tour seeing most of the Vatican highlights. NO LINES WITH OUR RESERVATION - VIP ENTRANCE AT THE VATICAN MUSEUMS !
How does it work ? How the tour will be conducted? The tour will be conducted in 6 steps - No lines and no crowds throughout the entire tour. Step-by-step we inform you that
1) We will enter the Vatican Museum beating the crowds with no lines around 08.30 am/09:00 am. Intro on the Sistine Chapel (as inside the Chapel we need to keep the silence).
2) Then, we will leave the Vatican Museums and have our great stroll/glimpse of the Vatican Gardens for a couple of hours.
3) We will enter the Sistine Chapel through the "secret" back door from the Gardens, away from the "hordes" of tourists. Ready to be in extasy with the Michelangelo's Art works.
4) We will leave the Sistine Chapel to see the Vatican Apostolic Gallery going towards the Vatican Cafeteria. Have some quick lunch.
5) Visit of the rest of the best & highlights of the Vatican artworks: mosaics, sculptures, frescoes: The scupltures in the Braccio Nuovo Museum and Pio-Clementino; visit of the Candelabras Gallery, Gallery of Tapistries and Gallery of Maps. We will be re-entering the Sistine Chapel to go to St. Peter's Basilica with no lines.
6) Visit of the Vatican masterpieces in the Basilica of St. Peter (optional: with or without the Vatican Grottes) and St. Peter's Square.
Note: This tour is available every day but Wednesday and any Vatican Holidays.
1. My Guiding fee: EUR 500,00 from 1 to 10 people. From 11 to 15 people, there is the supplement of EUR 50,00.
2. Fee/Royalty to be given to the Vatican for providing the guided tour with a Vatican Guide: EUR 250,00 from 1 to 15 people.
3. Entrance fees with reservation: EUR 22,00 per person, inclusive of the admission to the Vatican Museum and Vatican Gardens (we never pay them as we are official Vatican tour guides).
4. Head-sets (mandatory in case of more than 5 people on the tour): EUR 5,00 per person for the entire tour.
Payment: to us, by credit card (Visa-MasterCard).
VATICAN PRIVATE TOUR 3 -
St. Peter's Basilica, Dome Tour + The Scavi Tour (Vatican Necropolis *), Historical Museum of the Treasure of St. Peter, Pope's Tombs (Grottoes of the Popes)
Duration: 3/4 hours
We will get the full insight of the extraordinary Vatican City on many aspects: Arts, History, Architecture, Early Christian Times & Christian Archaeology, St. Peter's Tomb, the Vatican Necropolis, Michelangelo's Dome, Bernini's Masterpieces and the Treasure of St.Peter.
The latter is one of the most famous and admired world collections within the Church, with Sarcofagi, Medieval donations of great Artistic and Religious value of several Kings and Emperors who, throughout the centuries, wanted to give a homage to St. Peter, Prince of the Apostles. Unique tour. An half day dedicated to most of the Vatican complex but the Museums. NO LINES WITH OUR RESERVATION.
* As of March 2008, the Scavi Tour must be booked only individually by visitors, not anymore by third parties. For more info, click Here ( Vatican Web Site - Scavi Office)
•From 1 to 5 people: EUR 350,00 (4 hours)
•From 6 to 10 people: EUR 400,00 (4 hours)
•11-20 people: EUR 35,00 per person *
•21-40 people: EUR 25,00 per person *
•Tickets to the Dome's lift: EUR 6,00 per person
•Scavi Ticket: EUR 10,00 per person
•Historical Museum of St. Peter's Treasure : EUR 5,00 p.p.
•* : Included as well the rental of the head-set for this Vatican tour
VATICAN PRIVATE TOUR 4
VATICAN GARDENS with St.PETER'S BASILICA
Duration: 3 hours
The Vatican Gardens cover around 22 hectares (54 acres), half size of the entire size of the Vatican City State (109 Acres).We will then visit St. Peter's Basilica entering from the Vatican Gardens and this means with no lines at all. We will add, as an optional visit, the Grottos of the Popes underneath the main level of the Church.
•From 1 to 5 people: EUR 250,00 (3 hours)
•From 6 to 15 people: EUR 350,00 (3 hours)
•15-50 people: EUR 55,00 per person *
•Fee/Royalty to be given to the Vatican: EUR 250,00 (from 1 to 15 people)
•Entrance fees to the Vatican Gardens (from 1 to 15 peopel): EUR 8,00 per person
* : Included in the cost as well the rental of the head-set for this Vatican tour + entrance fees to the Vatican Gardens (14,00 EUR value).
Payment: by Visa-MasterCard.
VATICAN PRIVATE TOUR 5
Vatican Necropolis of St.e ANNE with the Vatican Gardens
Duration: 3 hours.
We will first visit the Necropolis of S.te Anne, discovered in the last 50 years under the structures of a parking area inside the Vatican. It was the same huge necropolis where St. Peter the Apostle was buried, but it is on the other side of the Vatican slope, the Vatican hill. tombs of the middle class, good frescoes, great mosaics. Afterwards, we will visit the Vatican Gardens.
NOTE: we can add with one hour more (doing 4 hours instead of 3 hours) the visit of St. Peter's Basilica, without doing any queue to get in (entering from the Vatican Gardens).
Costs (3 hours tour):
•My Guiding fee from 1 to 15 people: EUR 250,00
•From 15 to 50 people: EUR 55,00 EUR per person *
•EUR 250,00 to be given to the Guided Tour Office desk once inside the Vatican Museums
•EUR 8,00 per person to get into the Vatican Gardens (again, Us, being official Vatican Guides, never pay them).
•* : Included also the head-sets throughout for the tour and the entrance fees to the Vatican Gardens (13,00 EUR value)
Payment: via PayPal with Visa-MasterCard.
VATICAN PRIVATE TOUR 6
After-Hour tour of the Vatican Museums (Sistine Chapel)
This kind of tour is available only few days a month and its costs is 250,00 EUR per person and it includes:
•3 hours of guided tour inside the Vatican Museums with the Sistine Chapel
•Admission fee with reservation to the Vatican Museum.
If you are a company and/or Travel Agent and want to arrange an after-hour Vatican tour for your partners (30 people and more), you can pay by bank transfer.